Monday, October 7, 2013

But, the fun may disappear...

I'm back, baby! The scoots are ready to roll; batteries topped off, checked tires and fluids, short test ride shows the brakes are good. Heck, even the clocks (yes, our scoots have clocks) are working!


The Blonde is still wanting to do "projects" around the house. She is out taking sunscreens off the patio so she can wash them. No, I don't know why... they have been rolled up. I did not get the a-r cleaning gene... apparently I am the poster boy for the term: guy clean.

I would like to take the scoots for a ride. Another conundrum: go for a ride, come back and face the wrath. OR: put off a ride until we (she) can get the sunscreens cleaned as though the Health Inspector will be checking them out. I offered to take her out for lunch... on the scoots, of course.

She accepted, saying, "We can have lunch when I'm (we're) done cleaning the sunshades.

I don't know if this is a female thing or just this particular female? Every time we make a move (house to boat, boat to RV, RV to boat, boat to house - you get the idea), we must thoroughly clean every surface.


I go with a whole 'nother premise: do NOT put off having fun. Life is uncertain (part of the reason you should eat dessert first). Work will still be there tomorrow, the fun may have disappeared.



OK, I'm going to go help her clean the sunshades. If this goes like most projects, she will get disgusted with my inept ability to clean to her standards and send me away. You would think after 40-some years, she would have figured this out.

OR: she has figured this out, but enjoys making me feel guilty about not cleaning to her standards. You would think after 40-some years, I would have this figured out.

3 comments:

vwittsche said...

I'm inclined to think that this might be a "Wittsche/Windeshausen" trait. As my other half, is certain he can clean much better than me, too. Even tho, he knows that he already cooks better than me. You would think he'd at least "throw me a bone" and let me have the "cleaning crown"...but, wait a minute..."throwing me a bone" would mean that some additional cleaning time....might be required. LOL :-) (This is where I get out my iPod and play the Janet Jackson song, "Control".)

Lost Petrel said...

Mary insists on have the house completely clean before we go somewhere, I believe it is because if we die before coming back she doesn't want anybody to see a messy home. I on the other hand could care less. ;)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Joan cooks better than I do, unquestionably cleans better, too. I figure we all have our strengths... haven't figured out what mine are, yet. ;-) It was kinda upsetting to me to find out I'm not the pretty one, either.

Tim, if someone comes in to check the house after you're dead, you're still dead. And contrary to popular belief, no one has ever actually died from embarrassment. Not even from MHES (messy house embarrassment syndrome).