Sunday, November 24, 2013

50 Shades of...


gray kitties...


With 4 days of "winter" in the Tropical Tip, I'm not the only one feeling a bit of cabin fever.  I went out on the deck to see if everything was still there (the wind is still blowing in the 20s with higher gusts); little Izzy stuck her head out the door.  That was as far as she went.  The cat has good sense.  She looked at me with that quizzical look she gets, "Seriously?  I thought we lived somewhere that the weather is nice?  What's up with this?"

I explained "norther" to her.  She looked out the window and said, "Looks like 50 shades of gray clouds to me."  I guess cats can have a sense of humor.

Izzy is the 3rd feline member of our family.  Smoke was a gray striped cat.  Molly was a gray striped cat.  And little Isabella is... well, kinda gray, beautifully dark gray striped, with mostly blonde under the gray.  Yep, 50 shades of gray kitties.

I optioned to do some work today.  No, Joan didn't have any projects for me... well, we have some projects, but I'm not going outside (except to go to lunch) for any work-related stuff - that wind is brutal.  Today, I worked on proof-reading the manuscript for the next book from RV friends John and Kathy Huggins.  They are full-time RVers who do a weekly podcast, "Living the RV Dream."  I did some proof-reading/editing for their first book, "So, You Want to be a Full-Time RVer?"  This next book is about workamping (working seasonal jobs while you RV).  Here's a link to their site...

http://livingthervdream.com/

Nice work for this cold, blustery day.


No comments: