Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Annie was right...


The sun did come out tomorrow!

The cure for cabin fever: get out!  We did that yesterday; still chilly, still windy, but the sun was shining.  I expected huge crowds, but it wasn't bad.  Sam's, Target, Wal-Mart - all reasonable.  I guess a lot of folks are waiting for the next few days.  OK, Harbor Freight was busy, as always - I picked up some buffer pads.  Joan checked off her list in Home Depot, with a new porch light fixture that I will be installing.

A little drive up the expressway, and a stop at Bass Pro Shop.  They have their "Winter Wonderland" set up with toys... plenty of big-kid toys in there, too.  This "riding game" carousel made me chuckle...


Why ride a painted pony, when you can hop on a moose, an elk, or a bear?  Don't try that at Yellowstone, kids!

My Honey must be checking out shiny things for our upcoming anniversary...


Since it is just the two of us for Thanksgiving, I suggested some thick slices of turkey from the deli.  Joan wants to cook a bird, so we opted for a turkey breast.  A small one.  I think this turkey was still in a training bra.  If there's enough for the main meal, and a sandwich each later, I'm good.

Another chilly start to the day this morning: 45º and still a cold wind.  BUT, glorious sunshine...



Looks like one more day of cool temps and wind, but getting back to normal over the next few days...






Hope your Thanksgiving is a delight!  Like many, we each take a turn telling what we are thankful for before we dine.  Much to be thankful for. 


No comments: