Friday, November 8, 2013

Done...

On the morning of the 3rd day, the HitchHiker is sparkly clean...


Yeah, that is clean!  The front cap looks like a mirror... well, a white mirror, with the word "HitchHiker" on it.  Joan said, "It hasn't looked that shiny since it was new!"

And, well it should; I spent enough time and effort on it.  This morning, while working on the second coat of wax, my 10" buffer died.  Just couldn't make one more revolution.  I know how it feels.  But, I had incentive this morning: we were going out for breakfast after I finished two more coats of wax (before the sun got to the front cap).  Fortunately, I just bought a 7" right angle buffer/sander.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a polishing pad for it.  I made one work from the 10" buffer.  I put the last coat of wax on by hand, then lifted that much heavier (could be I am getting weaker) buffer up and polished that gelcoat to a high gloss.  Glad to be done with that project!

Joan said, "Now we can start on the interior!"

I felt my back muscles go on strike.  ;-)

We cleaned up and took the scooters over the causeway for a Denny's breakfast.  Nice treat.  I had some kind of "Hobbit" thing that had the eggs cooked into a cheesy grilled bun.  Before anyone says anything about the calories, I am pretty sure I was in calorie deficit after the past three days. ;-)

It was nice to get out on the scooters.  The wind has been blowing like stink the past couple days, and I had my "project" keeping me occupied.  We did drive by the beach after lunch yesterday...


The water was ugly - close, steep waves, and our typical turquoise/green water was brown.  Coming across the causeway today, the water is still pretty churned up, but MUCH better than that scene above.

Coming back home, Joan said, "I do have one project for you this afternoon..."

I didn't want to hear about it.

"Would you reset the clocks on the scooters?"

"That's it?  Well, it might take a couple hours, and I may need a nap afterwards."

:-)

 There was one difference in our scootering today: jackets.  It was 59º when I went out to work on the coach this morning.  We knew we'd need jackets while riding the scooters.  It was a nice, refreshing change of pace.  I actually prefer to ride in a jacket, but it has been too warm since we got back to Texas.

No comments: