Monday, December 23, 2013

Anticipation...


Remember when you were a kid, and you couldn't wait for Christmas to come?

About 24 hours from now, we will be heading to the airport to pick up Steph and Dan - can't wait to see them!

Little Izzy asked, "Is that the girl who calls you Dad and won't put me down?"

"Yes, Iz, Stephanie is our little girl."

"Like me?"

"Well, kinda; you are our little furry girl; Stephanie was born to us, we rescued you from the Animal Shelter.  You came to us pretty well litter trained; we had to change Stephanie's poopy diapers... for what seemed like a very long time.  And I know you won't take my car without permission, or go off to college a long ways away, or get married and leave your Daddy.  Right?"

"Right."

"Oh, and one thing you could learn from her: Stephanie didn't talk back to us... at least not while we were in the same room.  And, just so you know, Santa is a close personal friend of mine."

"I'm sorry I hissed at you."

-------------

I can't believe that line still works. ;-)


-------------

I got a call from a neighbor this morning: "I need a guitar-playing author - do you know where I can find one?"

She needed a book for a Christmas gift.  I told her I could fix her up.  When she came over to get a book, she brought a plate of Christmas cookies!  Nice bonus!




No comments: