Thursday, December 5, 2013

MSO update...


That sounds kinda official, doesn't it?

The Manufacturers Statement of Origin (what you need to give to your state to get a title/registration) arrived via FedEx today.  Apparently, it absolutely, positively had to be here overnight.  The boat buyer for West Marine came through.  He must be a very busy guy... I had a voice mail from someone else to tell me that Dave (the boat buyer) was taking care of this... after I talked with Dave (the boat buyer)... after he had sent me a lengthy e-mail.

I'm thinking of all the time, effort, and expense that went into resolving what could have been done by one person taking 10 seconds to put the MSO in the box with the boat in the first place.  Or, spend a buck and send it separate by mail.

All this after multiple phone calls and e-mails from me before anything got done.  Different ideas of "customer service," I guess... imagine the man-hours and expense to overnight that could have been saved had there been some "customer service" at purchase/shipping.


No comments: