Sunday, December 1, 2013

Scootin'...


With the RV work done, I got time off for OK behavior- who is to say if it would have been earlier if I had been "good"?

The day is reasonably warm (upper 70s), a little breeze, and typical humidity.  I haven't worn earplugs on the scoot... used to wear them on occasion with one of my ... um, louder Harleys.  I stuffed some in before heading out.  OK, I can feel a little vibration, so the scoot must be running.  ;-)

The wind was out of the south, making it pretty much a crosswind while on the causeway.  This would also be the loudest wind noise direction.  Pretty quiet with those earplugs in.  Yeah, I'll use those again.

I stopped at one of the beach access parking areas...



The photo immediately above shows the beach erosion abatement plan - those plants are in the built-up dune between the beach and the beachside buildings.  It is supposed to hold the sand when the water gets really high (as during a storm).  There is still plenty of beach between the planted dunes and the water.

Not a lot of traffic on the island, considering it is a nice day at the end of a holiday weekend.  I stopped at the other side of the island, looking out on the Laguna Madre...


A pretty sun reflection on the water.

Nice day.  I enjoyed the scooting play time the most.  ;-)


No comments: