Monday, December 30, 2013

The book signing...


Mother Nature was not cooperative - it was 51º when we got up, and had dropped to 42º, with rain and wind gusting to 30 mph when we were heading to the bookstore.

"I don't think I'd be going out on a day like this, if I didn't have to," I told Joan on the way over.  But, I am a candy-ass when it comes to cold weather.  ;-)

I was surprised when we got to the bookstore to see some cars in the lot.  Relief - there were people there for the signing... I had concerns that I'd be talking to Joan and the bookstore owners the whole time.

I sat down at the table about 20 minutes before I was scheduled, and there were people waiting to get books signed, and seated... I guess, waiting for words of wisdom from the author...


Grif, the bookstore owner, told me, "This is the best crowd we've had in months for a book signing!"  I was delighted.  People were buying books - he was delighted.  He provided coffee and hot chocolate to warm people up; the folks in the audience asked good questions.  I told cat stories and signed books.  I had been concerned before we got there, but this was fun!

Towards the end of the time allotted, I played a few songs...


I had debated bringing a PA, but this worked fine to sing and play unplugged... and I didn't have to schlep equipment in the nasty weather.

Grif had placed a nice book order with me less than two weeks ago.  I brought another box of books with me today... just in case.  Good thing we brought them - sold them all.  That gave me a nice warm feeling on this cold day! ;-)

Happy New Year!


2 comments:

Charlie-Captain's Cat said...

The furry Molly is still with you! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Happy New Year, Charlie! Part of why I wrote the book.