Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Sad Start to the New Year...


Joan's Mother passed away yesterday.  She had a myriad of health issues over the last decade, but always rallied in the face of each situation.  When she broke an arm and a leg on the same side (that is a VERY tough situation) 8 years ago, while at a rehabilitation nursing home she said, "I am one tough Grandma."

Indeed.

According to her wishes, she will be buried in Nebraska, where she was born.

I have to dig around to see if I have any longjohns - we will be heading to the frozen northland.

Rest in peace, Delores.  You raised 6 great kids.  Times were often not easy.  The fact that all 6 are strong-willed, hard-working, kind and ethical is a tribute to you.


4 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

I feel for you-- My sister passed away 12/24/09 and was born the same month... 12/03/62... Our father was born 12/26/1925-- Died 06/22/2000... My birthday is 06/29-- Life goes on though...

andwilliesaid said...

Well said. Our love to you and Joan.

C.Michael Taylor said...

So sorry for your loss. Keep safe out there.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thank you, friends.