Sunday, January 26, 2014

It's the desert...


Bopping around on the scoots again today.  Even though Tucson is way smaller than Phoenix, the traffic here seems to be more intense.  Maybe it's the roads we're on?  Joan made an observation that the drivers are a bit more irratic, too.  One old lady was determined to not let me into the lane in front of her... Joan made the switch into that lane... I put my blinker on to switch lanes, and the woman actually sped up to try to keep me from making the switch... then shook her fist at me when I made the move.  Not sure why - it isn't like we were moving slower than the flow of traffic.

On the east side of town (yeah, still in front of the crabby ol' woman), we were surrounded by saguaro cacti...


That may be old hat to you desert-dwellers, but I still think those saguaros are pretty cool.

Back home, we sat out on the patio for a while, enjoying the beautiful weather.  Little Izzy did her supermodel impression once again, this time with the setting sun backlighting her hair...


Well, it was her belly fur, but she stretched out that long, lean feline figure for the camera.


No comments: