Saturday, March 22, 2014

And the winner is...



Not me.  The Bingo experience...

This is serious stuff.  If you holler out, "Bingo!" and the last number called was not your winning number, you don't get the pot.  Really.  You better be paying attention.  And talking in a normal tone is frowned upon, like in a library.  Keep up.

That said, it was a lot of fun.  This was our group...


Steph isn't in the photo, 'cause she was taking it.  No, I wasn't texting, I was shutting off my phone - a phone ringing during a game is bad karma!  Steph and Lani brought good luck charms...


It was a nice facility, in a small strip mall near one of the baseball stadiums.  Well lit, more monitors than a sports bar, friendly staff (they helped us arrange all the sheets in order), they served food (or you can bring your own - we brought Jimmy John's, not lime Jello) - good rootbeer floats, and they had a bunch of different types of Bingo games.

Apparently the cards I bought (not actually "cards,' but sheets of paper) had unlisted numbers, 'cause I never got close.  After intermission (you have to have time to eat/drink a rootbeer float), we were ready to go again.  The games ranged in payoff from $100 to $1,000.  Unlike other forms of gambling, someone is going to win.  Early after the intermission, that someone was Dan...



Lani attributed the win to Svetlana, the girl whose photo came with the frame.  I think it was his good karma for not bringing good luck charms.  ;-)  Either way, he won $100.

Fun night... but all I have to show for it are two "daubers" that I'll probably never use again.  Speaking of which, some of these folks are serious about their Bingo: one woman had what I called her "dauber caddy": a little satchel, with loops to hold a half dozen daubers on the outside.

Bingo!


No comments: