Monday, March 24, 2014

Where's the pride?


We made a trip to Guitar Center today.  I had checked out a different GC last week, and their inventory looked like they were going out of business.  The reason I was told: "We're getting a bunch of new stuff in real soon."

Uh, huh.

This GC had people coming and going, and plenty of inventory.  I have a $10 gift certificate from taking an on-line survey, and it expires on Wednesday.  If we had driven the truck to this Guitar Center, I would have spent more than that on fuel; we took the scooters... more fun and economical.  Yes, I am than kind of practical guy.  ;-)

So, looking around... no, I don't need strings (I carry several sets in my gear bag)... no, there aren't any cords or connectors I need... don't need polish or cloths.  Joan suggested I check out a strap.  I found a nice Levy (they make nice leather straps) at a good price... even better with $10 off.  It has ol' Sol on it (sunshine faces).  No, I didn't need another strap, but a guy can always use some sunshine in his day.

I looked around in their acoustic guitar room... nothing of note.  Well, there was one thing we both noticed: the place was grubby.  I took a couple guitars off the wall, and they were both way out of tune.  Nice guitars, a Taylor and a Martin.  And then this...


A layer of dust on that guitar.  A Taylor.  I ran my finger across there and was appalled.

Yep, where's the pride?


No comments: