Saturday, April 5, 2014

Getting started...


The moving in process has begun.  The cargo trailer and the back half of the crew cab hold a lot of stuff...


The house handled our absence pretty well.  I say, "pretty well," because of one unusual situation: humidity.  Folks up north keep their heat on when they are gone during the winter; we leave the air conditioning on.  It was cooler and wetter than usual while we were gone... the a/c didn't run much during the past 2 1/2 months, leaving the humidity in the house at 70%.  We normally keep it around 45-50% with the a/c (or heat, on the rare occasions we need it).  No big deal, but we could feel the difference.  With the a/c turned down, it will pull that humidity out in no time.

We put things away as we hauled them in.  The RainSong guitar got back with its stable mates...


I didn't have as much stuff to put away as Joan, so I got to uncase the guitars and get them back on the wall.  Yes, I did take a moment to play each one... my way of saying, "I missed you." ;-)

We unstrapped the bikes when the rest of the trailer was empty.  They are ready to go when we are.  A few changes in the neighborhood: a new house is almost done 3 lots down from us; the neighbor 2 down on the other side put in a new dock; the next door neighbor changed their siding from blue to yellow - looks nice.

Back to the 5th wheel for one last night.  A few more things to get moved out tomorrow.

A bit drizzly off and on today, so no sprucing up the exterior of the 5th wheel.  Probably won't happen before it goes into the storage unit tomorrow... another day, there's plenty of room in the storage unit for me to hold the ladder while Joan cleans.  ;-)

I'm going to enjoy my last night as an RVer, for a while.


No comments: