Sunday, April 13, 2014

Oh, come on...


Remember when you were a kid?  Yeah, me neither. ;-)  You'd get a cool toy for Christmas - like a bike!  And you'd be up to your butt in snow.  No way you could ride that bike; probably for months.  For full disclosure, I never got a bike for Christmas... but, I'm sure some of you can empathize with the situation.

Well, I would like to be playing with my cool new toy.  I've checked out some on-line videos about SUPs... and all the beginner videos say you should start with calm water.  Not easy to find around here these days, since the wind continues to blow like stink.

We did get the scoots out for a run to the store today... yep, the wind was strong and gusty.  That is about as far as I'd care to go.  I can say that it's a warm wind, out of the south.  Just for fun, Mother Nature is going to turn that around tomorrow, probably towards evening, and the wind will blow like stink out of the north (gusts above 30 mph).  Tuesday, the high for the day is predicted to be 60º... in mid-April.  Sheesh!


No comments: