Monday, April 28, 2014

State your case...


The wind finally let up.  Warm and humid start to the day, but an easterly shifting light wind helped with the humidity.  Good thing, because it gave us the chance to finish up two more projects in the cargo trailer.

As I was putting tools away, the brown truck rolled up.  It looked like he was bringing me a new guitar... but the guitar box held a new gig bag.  I have been looking for a gig bag for the RainSong Shorty (the carbon fiber guitar with the sharks on the fretboard) since I bought that guitar last year.  The Shorty came with a very nice hardshell case... but it is a heavy beast.  We have stopped in quite a few guitar shops in our travels, always on the hunt for a "hard bag" for the Shorty.  That may sound like an oxymoron, since a bag implies that it is soft.

I have a Taylor guitar that came with a perfect hard bag.  I was never much of a gig bag kinda guy,
preferring a hardshell case for my guitars... until I got that Taylor GSmini and that great hard bag.
 
It took me months, but I found out who designed that Taylor hard bag and ordered a gig bag made by that company, Access.

Great case; very similar to the case for the Mini.  Lightweight, but good protection.  Quality materials, with a nylon denier exterior.  And - this was the hard part - it fits my RainSong.  It's even black, like the RainSong.  Backpack straps make it easy and convenient to carry.



Just in time for a road trip!  ;-)


No comments: