Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Fathers Day!


We are working today.  Joan goes in around 7:30, I have an afternoon charter.  The mail we had forwarded arrived, so this evening we will celebrate "Parents Day!"  Her Mothers Day cards have been forwarded twice now, so it took this long to catch up to us.  I have Fathers Day cards that were sent to our work address.

I know I have posted this before, but we are so proud of our daughter, Stephanie.  She is definitely a blend of the two of us.  Caring and hard-working.  She is making a difference in kids' lives.  And has such a good heart.

I have earned a few titles over the years (Master of Photography, CPP, Captain), but the honor that means the most to me: Dad.  Seeing our little girl go from that gooey little scream machine that the nurse brought out to the wonderful woman she is today has been a wonderful adventure.  From scraped knees to high school adventures and off to college... having her a part of our business (helped instill that work ethic)... and marrying a great guy that we are also proud to have as a part of our family.  Oh, and let's not forget that she was instrumental in bringing a furry cat baby into our lives, too.

And for that beautiful Blonde that has been by my side since we were teenagers: I could not have done this Father thing without you. ;-)  I know there were days that you thought you were raising two kids.

For my little girl (you'll always be my little girl): without even knowing it, you made me a better man.  I have always been proud of you... and have tried to be a man that, likewise, makes you proud to say, "That's my Dad."  (Although we both remember those teen years, where you said that with a different tone in your voice.)  ;-)

No comments: