Saturday, June 7, 2014

So much for the goal...


Joan called me shortly after I made that last post, to tell me the canvas guy was on his way to the whale watch boat.  I walked down to the boat and gave him a hand aligning his "rough cut" with the Sunbrella.  He marked a bunch of stuff on the fabric, then took it back to his shop to stitch it all up.

In the meantime, I filed off some of the framework for the new attachments.

Tim and Mary came by - since I wasn't on a schedule, I was able to visit and even better: stop for some ice cream!  They had time to get a tour of both of our Friday Harbor whale watch boats.

By late afternoon, the canvas guy came back with the new top for the boat... and another couple hours to fine-tune the fit and secure it.  Turned out to be more work than he (or I) expected.  Ready for some running tomorrow.

So much for the whole "house husband" thing.  ;-)

Proof that I really was working...


(photo courtesy of Tim D.)



2 comments:

MarkJ said...

Sorry Jim, but I just see ya standing on the boat. You could have just been working on your tan. We need video proof of work! Then ya get one of Dave's Victory Beers!!!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

If you look close, I have a metal file in my hand... wasn't working on my manicure! ;-)