Friday, June 6, 2014

The goal...


It is important to have goals.

I have occasionally quipped, "My idea of a 'fun summer job' would be the Blonde working, and I would be a stay at home (boat) cat Daddy.  Oh, I would do the dishes and spruce up around the boat; grocery shop and do the laundry.

I am getting closer to my goal.  Yesterday was Joan's first day at work...


The boat I usually drive is having some new canvas made, so is out of service until that is done (today or tomorrow... probably... it is boat work, one never knows for sure until it is declared done).  Yesterday, I went out with friends Tim and Mary on Wild Blue.  Joan was done early enough for her first day, that we were able to have a late lunch (if you can call 3:00 "early enough").  Joan is onto her full day schedule now.  Odds are pretty good I won't have a trip today, but I am on-call.

So... Joan is the bread-winner (I think I'd rather it was the pizza-winner) and I am the house (boat) husband.  The dishes are done, the boat is looking tidy.  Little Isabella is out in the cockpit, napping in the sunshine...


Yeah, I will walk uptown in a bit to do some grocery shopping and banking.

Livin' the dream!  ;-)


No comments: