Friday, June 20, 2014

Well, it has taken a month...


I can't believe we have been here almost a month now.  Time flies when you don't know what you're doing.  ;-)

I was told yesterday that I "wouldn't likely have a trip today."  Not unusual in June, but I have had a trip, maintenance, or crew training to do every day I've been scheduled so far.  I was "on call" until 9:30 this morning.  At 9:31, knowing I didn't have to go into work, I started on my house husband (boat husband?) chores.  I did the dishes, picked up around the boat, topped off our fresh water tank, walked uptown to take care of some errands, and will get the carpet in the cabin vacuumed, thoroughly.

I might get lunch with my working-wife.  I like to say that: working wife.  It depends on whether or not my working wife can get away for lunch.  Not something that a man of leisure (with a working wife) has to deal with, that not-being-able-to-get-away stuff.

There will probably be some kitty-Daddy time... a walk on the dock (if there aren't a lot of people out there)... otherwise, we'll have to see about some kitty-Daddy nap time.

It is a pretty, sunny day... but the temp is only supposed to make it to 62º as a high; wind 10 - 15.  Since I won't be out on a boat today, I can do with 2 layers, and maybe a jacket.  I will, however, be in on a boat... and an afternoon nap in the boat, with a bit of movement from the winds, sounds pretty good.

:-)


No comments: