Thursday, July 3, 2014

Crowds...


Nothing slow about the flow of people onto San Juan Island.  The holiday week is in full bloom - the marina appears to be really full... I see people carrying the "orange flags" to mark their slip as occupied when they are out of the slip for the day.  Plenty of people wandering the sidewalks of Friday Harbor.  Kids walking the docks, hollering for Popeye (the one-eyed seal who is a fixture here).

Izzy looks out at all the people walking dogs on the docks and says, "No thanks.  I'll be napping in here if you need anything.  Oh, and try not to need anything.  Wake me in time for lunch."

There are a lot of people walking on our dock that I don't recall seeing before - either the locals have family with kids (lots of kids) visiting or the marina staff is putting some daily rentals on our finger.

I've done my "house husband" chores for the day, and the internet is back to 4G LTE.  Waiting to hear the status of my boat today.  The sun is showing through the clouds... nice start to the holiday week.


No comments: