Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Schlepping...


One thing I won't miss here: laundry.  Oh, laundry needs to be done, and Joan praises the marina laundromat - they do keep it clean and in repair.  BUT... $4 a load to wash and about the same to dry.  Yeah, I know: it's an island.

The laundromat in town closed this year.  Didn't matter to us, because the one at the marina is close and the prices are the same... but that means all the townfolk who don't have a washer and dryer are coming here, as well.  Joan usually gets up early on a day off to get it done.  This morning, we were the only ones in there at 6:45.

Speaking of which, this is her last day off before becoming gainfully unemployed.

I took a camera along, planning to get a few marina morning photos... dead batteries.  Joan lent me her iPhone for this one...


I am scheduled for an afternoon trip.  5 work days left.


2 comments:

MarkJ said...

What a slave driver your boss is, making you work a WHOLE HALF DAY!!! Maybe we should turn him in for such abuse. Doesn't he know that Old Guys like us shouldn't be working more that 2 hours per day or 8 hours per week? Yea, my boss doesn't agree either....

Will be in Seattle in 2 more days! Can't wait! This 100 degrees with humidity is killing me!!!

DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA (and fresh batteries) TODAY!!!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

This time of the season, most of my work days are half days. I'm not whining about the hours. BUT, put a 5 hour shift in the middle of the day, and you can't get much of anything else done.

Well, we did go out for breakfast; and we did sit in the cockpit while I played guitar. OK, so maybe it isn't so bad. ;-)

5 more days and the only work I'll be trying to dodge is what the Blonde wants me to do. ;-)