Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Can't take you anywhere...


Have you heard that before?  Yeah, me, too.

Today was supposed to be a "moderating" day, according to the weather weasels - not up to our normal daytime highs, but partly sunny and a high of 69º.  Pretty close... except for no sunshine and it didn't get that warm.  ;-)

We planned to go out for lunch, taking the scooters.  Well, it was barely 60º, but a plan is a plan.  Oh, I know what is going on in much of the country... this is still 15º or so cooler than usual here.  We had jackets on, riding to our favorite local Italian restaurant.

What I generally order takes a while, so we have time to visit.  I told her I had been e-mailing with one of my captain buddies from Friday Harbor - he has a new boat driving gig and was asking if we were coming back next summer.

"What did you tell him?" she asked.

"We haven't made any decisions, yet."

"What is going on with all your internet forums?" she asked.

"Oh, some bullshit on one of the scooter forums," I said.

"You need to watch your language!"

"No shit?"

;-)

She said it was chilly in the restaurant.  We were sitting by a window, but could see a thermometer inside... 74º.  I said, "If you can't take that temperature, I can't take you back to the Pacific Northwest."

She said, "I can't take you anywhere."

She may have a point.

Heading back home, we stopped to pick up mail.  With the parking lot still torn up, it is about a block walk to get to our post office boxes, from a parking spot by the tennis courts...


We had just come from dropping off mail at the Post Office; yep, there was a "pink slip" in our box, letting us know we have a package to pick up at the Post Office.  Back into town, back to the Post Office.

Joan was a happy girl...


Oh, you can't see the box in that photo above.  This is a better view...


Keurig.  "I was getting low," she said.  "My favorite things: coffee and riding my scooter."

"And me?"

"Oh, yeah... and my man."


2 comments:

Charlie-Captain's Cat said...

Watch her closely, her "man" may be the postmaster!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

You'd have to understand how this Post Office operates to appreciate the humor in that, Charlie. Besides, I got to her when she was young and convinced her that I am a really good catch. After all these years, she may be on to me. ;-)