Thursday, November 13, 2014

I'm so ashamed...


As the president and CEO of SnowSUX, Inc. ®, certain behavior is expected of me when it comes to cold weather.

I've heard it said: "There is no bad weather, just bad clothing choices."  I don't agree with that.  Cold, wind, and rain (even worse: snow) is going to be unpleasant, no matter what you are wearing.  Today, we were meeting our friends Herb and Wilma for lunch out - we dressed for it.

I put on heavy socks, a t-shirt and a sweater that I've had for quite a while that still had the tags on it.  (It was a really good end of the season buy when we were in Phoenix last winter.)  It's a good-looking sweater (kinda sweatshirt-ish), with that really nice fleecy feel on the inside.  Ohhhh, that feels good.

I put on the lightweight jacket I got at the Patagonia store when we were in Seattle... it is very warm, but weights next to nothing.  Blue, like the sweater.  And, it was all warm.  Walking out to the truck didn't hurt (because of the cold), 'cause I was dressed for it.

Joan had on a nice-looking turtleneck under a sweater.  A coat similar to mine.  And, a scarf.  She was dressed for the weather, too.

We had a nice lunch with Herb and Wilma - they got called away a bit early, we had a couple errands to run.  Every time we got out of the truck, I expected that cold wind to bite... nah, we were dressed for it.

It has been hot since we've been back in Texas... it actually felt, well... kinda refreshing.  Not like I want to go spend a bunch of time outside in this weather.  After the last several summers in Friday Harbor, we have accumulated some cold weather clothes again.

Just don't think you'll need 'em here in the Tropical Tip.


No comments: