Thursday, November 6, 2014

When the rain comes...


100% chance of rain today.  Not often that you see the weather weasels commit like that.

It rained off and on through the night and was a light drizzle when I got up this morning; 63º.  That is as cool as we've seen it since we've been back.  Nice to have the door open and the air conditioner not running.

On a rainy day, there won't be any paddleboarding, kayaking, beach walking, or scootering.  Oh, you could do those things in the rain... you could, but I'm over that.  There is a saying you may be familiar with: when the going gets wet, those who intend to stay dry go to a movie.  OK, maybe you aren't familiar with that, but it works for me.  We haven't been to a movie in months.  My movie preference is for something light - make me laugh - and if it's a little sexy, that's good, too.  Nothing like that playing at our local theater, so we'll pick from the more dramatic options.

While I couldn't take a climate where the rain goes on and on for an entire season, I try not to judge a day by the weather.  Heck, I have a raincoat I got in Friday Harbor at the end of the season, and have only worn it once.  And Joan has those snazzy new rainboots.  We just might go find some puddles to splash in.  ;-)

----------------

On edit: we saw "The Judge," with Robert Duvall and Robert Downey Jr.  A thumbs up from both of us.  I was expecting it to be depressing - and it certainly had some "down" moments, but kept our interest throughout.


No comments: