Saturday, December 27, 2014

Bravery...


Different images come to mind when you read that word.

Our daughter faces 75 kids each day.  Without a chair and a whip.  Nerves of steel.  She is not, however, a water person.  Never cared to be out on a boat.  Didn't want to play in the water.  So, I chuckled when she said, "Maybe I'll try your paddleboard when we come to visit."

I said something about trying out the board yesterday, but by the time we got home after breakfast and shopping, the wind had really piped up.  I nixed that.

But, this morning, it was nearly calm; 72º.  "So, Steph, do you want to try the paddleboard today?"

I was surprised when she said, "Sure, let's do it."

I got the board out and gave her a bit of instruction...





I suggested we keep it to a kneeling position for her first time out.  And then, she was off...



Away from the dock and on her own...




She did a few laps in the canal, then came back to the dock - wanting to try standing...


Yep, she did it!  I could not be more proud...


I think she felt pretty good about it, too...


And a link to a YouTube video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU4RGKf-sfE&feature=youtu.be

No comments: