Tuesday, December 16, 2014

No, we didn't fall off the face of the Earth...


Just took a few days off from posting.

Not a lot to write about... we ride the scoots, I went for a paddle this morning, I make some music, Joan does stuff around the house... and we're just enjoying our time here in the Tropical Tip.  Not sure where the time goes every day, but we don't run out of things to do.

Mother Nature has been pretty nice lately: the weather has been more typical.  Most days are shorts and t-shirts; jeans when we're on the scoots.  I'm hoping the weather stays nice when Steph and Dan visit for Chistmas.  We joke that Steph brings the crappy weather with her... and then it turns nice again as their plane taxis out for departure.

Joan asked if I'd record some music for her to have on her iPad.  No, not iTunes stuff - she wants stuff that I play.  As long as I've been playing (got my first guitar 50 years ago this month... whew!... I really should be better than I am), I have never gotten into recording.  Oh, bands I've played in have made demo tapes, but nothing that required much in the way of planning.  Since the technology has gotten more user friendly (so I've heard), I downloaded an inexpensive "recording studio" for the iPad.  I thought a direct line out from my PA to the iPad would make the recording easy... that didn't pan out: the iPad didn't like that interface.  So, I just played into the little built-in mic on the iPad Mini; surprisingly, it didn't suck.

So, I'll have another "project" to keep me from doing anything essential.  ;-)


No comments: