Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Tag - you're it...


It turned out to be a windy day here... I was surprised when Joan came home from a run to the Post Office and said, "Do you want to take the scoots for lunch?  I'm feeling like a burger."

Easy choice for me: I'm almost always up for a scooter ride, and burgers are one of my four main food groups (the other three being pizza, BBQ, and bacon).

It was blowing 15 to 20 as we went across the causeway - and you feel that on the scoots.  Not bad, just the occasional lean-into-the-wind-gust moment.

As long as we were out on the scoots, I took the opportunity to try for the next scooter "tag"... the last thing tagged was your scooter with Christmas decorations.  No not decorations ON the scooter, decorations in the background... or the foreground.  Something Christmas-y.  I knew that would be an easy tag...



The lower photo has Christmas characters on palm trees - the tree in the middle are holding letters that spell out "JOY."  I'm particularly fond of the pink flamingo on the right, with the Santa hat.

LOTS of options.  One was a menorah, but it wasn't close to the road.  Then, I'm sure I'd have to post something with Kwanza candles or a Festivus pole... just to stay politically correct.

Then, if you get the latest "tag," you have to post another photo with the next tag.  I considered using this shot from the Coast Guard station on South Padre Island...


Joan stayed back a long ways while I got this shot... pretty sure I saw the camera at the gate following my every move.  I considered this...


I reconsidered, since there are people from all over the country in on this... and, really, finding a tiki hut may be hard to come by in the frozen northland.  ;-)

I like to pick tags that are easy for people to get - it keeps the game moving.

So...


Your scoot by RVs.  Easy.


No comments: