Monday, December 1, 2014

That was it???


Two posts ago, I mentioned that we decorated our deck so the place would look more festive for the Lighted Golf Cart Parade.  In years past, there has been a lot of participation in the parade - lots of entries and lots of lights.

Not this year.

When I heard the honking as the carts passed by on the main road, I went outside to watch them when they came down our street... there were 7 or 8 carts.  Those that were in were decorated nicely, but none of the fun over-the-top, Clark Griswold kinda stuff...




I was visiting with neighbors after the 1-minute or so parade...  One couple hadn't been here for the parade before, and she thought it was big fun.  When we discussed that there are usually 25 or 30 carts... why so few this year?

This is a week earlier than usual for this parade.  I think there are a lot of folks from the frozen northland who aren't here, yet.

When I was out earlier today, I saw quite a few people decorating their houses... we just barely finished with Thanksgiving.

I'll be looking forward to the boat parade this weekend - there is a new route and a different judging venue.  Hopefully, Mother Nature will cooperate and there will be more participation.

But, kudos to the cheery people who got out there tonight with their carts!


No comments: