Monday, December 22, 2014

Today's tag...


The scooter tag for today: a gym.  I can do that.

No, not do the gym.  But, I do know where there is one.  I've thought about opening a bakery called "The Gym."  Sell memberships.  "Yeah, I like to hit up The Gym before work and maybe after, too."  I could call the glazed donuts "a workout"... as in: "Did you get in a good workout today?"

;-)

But, I digress.  Again.  I am an over-achiever.  Here's the Gym...


You can tell it's The Gym, because it says, "The Gym;" right there on the front of the building.  The over-achieving part?


This gym has the bow of a wooden ship coming out the front of the building.  It used to be an upscale gift shop... it helps to have "a hook" to draw people in around here.

While we were out and about, another poster from the scooter forum asked if I would mind showing our scoots side-by-side; he is planning to get one, but is deciding the color...


Oh, we got some other things done today, too.  Joan spent most of the morning baking.  She thinks some of what she baked will still be around when Steph and Dan get here in two days.  Not if I get to it first.  ;-)

While Joan was baking, I put our outboard "to bed."  No real need to winterize things here, but, without a dinghy, I don't have a use for the motor.  I siphoned the fuel out of the tank, drained the fuel line, then ran the fuel out of the carburetor.

While I'm in the photo taking mode, I had a request here a while back for photos of the two-wheel cart I use to flush or work on the outboard.  Here it is...


The curved handle on top comes off by pulling one pin.  With the board attached to the frame by U-bolts, the cross-bar on the handle would be in the way when mounting the motor.  With it off...


The motor mounts on the board, with plenty of room...



The plastic tub holds the water.  Easy set-up.

--------------------

Mother Nature found out.

It's a regular joke: when Steph comes to visit, our weather turns crappy.  OK, not really a joke... it happens.  Two days ago, the forecast for Christmas Day was 78º.  Now, the forecast is for 68º, with a low that morning of 49º.  The wind on Christmas Eve is forecast for 20 to 30 mph.

Oh, it was breezy today, but in the upper 70s.  Pretty darn pleasant.  For scootering.  And messing with the outboard.  And eating stuff Joan baked.  :-)


3 comments:

Lost Petrel said...

Wishing a joyous holiday for you, Joan, Stephanie and Dan

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks, Tim, and our best wishes for you and Mary.

MarkJ said...

Surely with all that available time and ingenuity you can figure out a way to hook that outboard onto your SUP! Then you could have both hands free to play your guitar as you speed thru the water. People might even pay for such a show!!!

Have a fantastic Christmas with the kids Jim!!!2207