Friday, January 9, 2015

Cabin Fever...


Forget the cold - it is the cabin fever that is getting to me.

With the ugly weather, I didn't even feel like going outside.  Well, until my buddy, Leonard, called and said, "Is this weather getting to you?  I need to get for a bit in the Tug - want to get out."

It wasn't easy to say no.  The cabin of the tug would be comfortable, but I didn't want to breath on Leonard.

Later this afternoon, it went from moderately ugly to full-on nasty: the wind kicked up to 25, gusting to 35, drizzy rain.  Might be my memory, but this sure seems to be an unusually long cold spell, and it isn't giving up soon.  There are "Wind Chill Warnings" out for tonight.  Yeah, wind chill in the Tropical Tip.  Low tonight in the low 40s, but will feel like it is in the 20s.  I would like to feel like I was in my 20s, but I digress.

Not a fit night for man nor beast to be out there.


No comments: