Friday, February 13, 2015

Road blocks and a new world's record...


My motto: "Never let 'em take you alive!"

Yeah, I'm kidding.  We found a new WalMart Super Center nearby.  Nice.  Not much else around it, so we expected it to be sparcely populated.  Kinda.  One old gal was determined to block our progress... every aisle we went down, there she was... with her cart parked across the aisle.  I managed to fake her out a couple times - fake a turn into an aisle, then do an end run around to the next aisle... she radioed ahead and had cohorts waiting to block our progress.  Sneaky.

It could not be a prettier day: sunshine, temp in the low 80s, light breeze.  Perfect for scootin' around.  We took the scenic route out for lunch, and picked up a "scooter tag" for the game on the forum.  I got the current one, then captured this for the next tag...


Your scoot in front of a Sushi bar.  No, that is not where we had lunch... I don't like cooked fish, sure as heck don't want to eat 'em raw!

Some more running around, then on the way home, we stopped for gas.  10 days ago, we topped off the motorhome for $1.72 for unleaded.  The best we could find today was $2.02... crafty that the oil weasels let the price get so low at the time of the year there is the least traveling.

Most of our scooting around lately has been at 35 to 45 mph.  I knew I was getting good mileage - turns out I logged 104 mpg.  Not to be outdone, Joan got 119 mpg!  Seriously??  She pulled out the calculator - I knew it, it was only 118.94 mpg.  That is amazing.

When we got home this afternoon, little Izzy did not greet us at the door... she was "cocooning" in the pillows on the bed...




Yeah, she's sweet.  Pretty sure she gets that from me.


No comments: