Thursday, March 5, 2015

Back from service...


I gotta give them credit.

I was told their UPS shipments "usually come in between 10:00 and 10:30.  So, you can imagine my disappointment when I hadn't heard from the dealer by mid-afternoon.  I called them... "UPS hasn't shown up yet - the tracking says it is on the truck for delivery."

Yeah, I've been there.

We drove to the dealer, expecting to hear that UPS had arrived... it hadn't.  At 4:00, still no sign of the brown truck.  4:30, more of the same.  I could see the service department was winding down.  As 5:00 approached, I went to the service writer to "call it a day."  While I was visiting with her, a guy from their parts department came running up - "Here it is!"  I never saw the brown truck.

I asked, "Do you want me to bring it back tomorrow, since it is so late?"

To her credit, she said, "We know you are staying in it, let's get you back in it yet today."  She had two guys stay late to get the old switchout, re-do the wiring, and install the new switch.

I really appreciate the extra effort, even though the delay was not due to them.  We tested it before we left - yep, it is switching.  Just like it is supposed to.

Sincere thanks to LaMesa RV for following through!


No comments: