Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I need to get a job (looks like I got a lobotomy)...


Apparently, I don't have enough to worry about.

Three nights in a row... I have been working in my sleep.  No, not accomplishing anything - just dreaming about different situations from our years in the studio.  Not reliving anything bad that happened, just new faces in typical situations.  Not the fun stuff.

What's up with that?

My motorcycle helmet has been very comfortable until recently... and has been leaving a crease in my upper forehead (the lobotomy reference in the title).  We decided to do some urban cruising to the Helmet Center (where I bought this helmet) about 30 miles away (yes, Phoenix is spread out).  It was another warm day, and we picked some pleasant roads to work our way north and east.  By the time we got to the Helmet Center, I had a headache from my helmet.

I asked the guy at the counter if I could buy a new liner for the helmet.  He looked at my forehead and said, "I can absolutely sell you another liner, but I may be able to fix the problem."  Then he turned to Joan and asked, "Have you been giving him compliments, making his head swell?"

Ummm... no.  And my hair hasn't gotten any thicker, either.
 
He checked out where a seam in the liner was rubbing, removed the liner, and made a slight groove in the crushable foam that matched up with the seam.  I tried on the helmet and... no pressure.  And, no charge.  He said he could do more of the same if, after riding for a while, I still felt any pressure.  After seeing him do it, I can do that myself.

We stopped for lunch, then on the ride back to the RV park, enjoyed some different roads.  And, no headache.  I like this helmet, glad to have it feel comfortable again.




No comments: