Monday, April 6, 2015

Hisssssss...


Nothing to do with snakes.

I took Isabella for a walk last night.  Nothing unusual about that.  She stared down a guy walking a boxer.  Well, she stared down the boxer.  I remind her that she is an 8 pound cat - not sure she understands what I mean by that, but she tends to puff up her chest and give that "Yes, I know!" look.

After we came in, she sat by the door in the motorhome.  It was nice enough out that we could leave the door open, with just the screen door between her and the great outdoors.  Again, nothing unusual - she loves to look outside.

"Did you hear that?"  I asked Joan.

"What?"

"It sounded like water running."

I looked over at Izzy, and her normally glorious tail was even more full.  It was a low "Hisssssss!" coming from her.  Not a spitty, fighting kinda hiss - this was more of a warning.  Looking out the screen door, I could see a pair of eyes glowing.  Joan reached over and turned on the porch light - it was a large gray cat.  Apparently, it was trying to look in, and Izzy was letting it know that wasn't going to happen.

Joan said, "Whoa, that is a big cat - Molly size!"

It didn't run off right away; it moved out of the direct light from the porch light, but kept looking back.  I told Izzy, "I think that cat was trying to tell you that 'You have it made.' "

"Yeah, well I told it to keep on moving."  Izzy and I are communicating better these days.

-------

Today, we were able to have the windshield cover open, so Izzy could look out that direction while we did some running around.  Joan wanted to make a couple stops here, and my stomach issues are subsiding, so we left Izzy in charge and took off.

Joan wanted to pick up a couple things at The Container Store.  Then, a light lunch out.  And while we were there, we visited a Sam Ash Music Store that was in the same shopping area.  Nothing I need, but sometimes it is fun to just look.  It wouldn't be a visit to San Antonio if we didn't stop at the SAS (San Antonio Shoemakers) factory store...


I have written about this place before.  If you didn't know what SAS shoes were all about, you might take a look at the... um... "rustic" exterior of the building and keep moving on.  It is a "general store" theme.  Even feels like an old time general store inside.  But, the SAS shoes are very comfortable.  Not inexpensive, but they make 'em in sizes that fit my neanderthal feet.  They didn't let me down today.  Two new styles: boat shoes and an ankle boot.

Turned out to be a warm, sunny, and humid day today.  Humidity - interesting concept.  After the last couple months in the desert, it was quite a change for us.  It got up to 82º today, but I had the a/c on way before it got anywhere near that temp.

We made some tentative plans for some traveling after a brief stay in south Texas.




No comments: