Friday, May 8, 2015

Interesting visit...


One more early morning.

We rolled into the service center lot at 6:55, and joined the other motorhomes already waiting.  When the door opened, right at 7:00, I held the door for a gentleman; inside, he said, "These guys really do a great job."

"This is our first experience with the factory since 1991, and it has been good so far," I said.

Then he told me, "I used to work for Fleetwood, as a systems engineer.  I bought a Winnebago when we retired.  These folks do it right."

Yeah, that certainly says something.

While waiting in the customer lounge this morning, the nice lady I've dealt with each morning came to where we are sitting and said, "We order lunch to be brought in on Fridays - here's a menu from the two different places, if you'd like to get something."  Nice that they offer.

We are expecting to be done with service today, but I did get a pass for another night here.  Looking at weather along our route... they are expecting snow in the Black Hills over the weekend... 6 to 12 inches.  That is going to be an issue, 'cause we have to go through that area to get to our summer destination.  Timing.  Well, that and Mother Nature just showing who is in charge.

-----------------------

Lunchtime came and went.  No sign of our motorhome.  We walked to the downtown area and had lunch.  It is downright chilly here!  The girl who took our order looked at us with our winter coats and asked, "Where are you from?"  She thought we were a bit overdressed, as in: coats, not fancy... it is around 50º with a cold wind.  Just under a mile walk.

Back to the customer service lounge, and no new news.  Little Izzy is ready to move on.  I get that.  But, we're in it, now.  We'd like to get everything done and not have to make another trip for service... for a while (I am realistic).

---------------

My buddy, Mike sent me a text around 2:00, asking if we were outta there.  My response:

Sitting... Waiting... (sigh).  No idea when... IF.  Every once in a while, someone comes out of the service door - every head in the waiting room looks up, hopeful... only to have their hopes dashed... Oh, the agony of not knowing... Why?  Why?  Why?

Other than that, we're fine.  ;-)



No comments: