Sunday, May 31, 2015

Marina life...


Last night, after Joan got off work, I drove into town, and she and I walked down to the transient docks (far end of the marina from our office) to visit with our friends Roger and Joyce.  We haven't seen Roger in a few years.  It was nice to catch up, and especially hear about their recent trip to Thailand.  Here's a shot I took on the way to their boat...


Walking to their boat, it brought back memories of our past three summers, living aboard in the marina.  While we were doing that, I really enjoyed it.  By the end of last summer, though, I was done with that.  Boat cruising, which I define as traveling with the boat is SO different from staying in one place.  If you come to the marina for a weekend, it is a fun change of pace.  People gather on the docks...


It can begin to feel a bit crowded, day in and day out.  Or, when you have to get up early for work, and there is the Saturday night crowd doing what Saturday night crowds do.

As we walked up the ramp, Joan and I looked at each other... "Miss this?"

"Nope."

We are very content in the motorhome.  With a yard.  No one trying to look in our windows.  No ferry wake rockin' us.  Don't get me wrong, boat life was a big part of what we did for a lot of years.

Looking back from the top of the ramp...


A pretty setting.  Friday Harbor is a great marina.


No comments: