Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Touching base...


Nothing to do with playing baseball.

After getting ready this morning, we rode the scoots into town for breakfast at the Hungry Clam...


Then, we touched base at the Friday Harbor office, where our boss was manning the phones and counter.  With two phones ringing, Joan took one of them... and booked 5 people for whale watching this weekend.  Memorial Day Weekend, the weather is predicted to be nice, and there has been repeated mentions on the Seattle news about the sightings of 3 new members of J-Pod, who were born in the last few months.  I think it is going to be a very busy weekend.
 

We rode around a bit on the scoots, eventually making our way to Roche Harbor...


I had to check out the boat I'll be driving this weekend - I was told she got fresh paint and graphics - looks good...


I wanted to see how long it takes to get from our RV location to Roche.  Along the way, I picked up a "scooter tag" of "your scoot with a horse in the background"...


They are kind of far away, but it is a momma and colt...


We stopped at the Alpaca ranch... sure do like the socks I got from there last year (as a gift).  We each picked up another pair.

Back to the coach, where Izzy got to spend plenty of time outside.  Joan spent some time with her in the screen room we set up yesterday... Izzy was a little confused about it... "I know I'm outside, but..."


2 comments:

Lost Petrel said...

So are you going to be driving primarily out of Roche?

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Tim and Mary. Yes. Well, for this weekend. After that - ?? More than likely, I'll be going back and forth, as needed. Last year, I wound up with a pretty regular schedule... we'll see how it plays out this summer.