Friday, June 5, 2015

Shakin' 'em down...


Today was a maintenance day for me; training a new captain we have on staff.  And messing with a boat that hasn't been operated since having some service work done... always a question mark, finding out if what was done was done right.  Well, it is different.

We wound up having to bleed fuel lines... twice.  Yep, different.  And, a lot of work.  We took the boat out and shook it down.  A few more supplies, some new placards, and she should be ready to go.

My body tells me that I can't contort myself like I used to.  I have joked that "I am getting too old for this stuff."  May not be a joke anymore.

Got some helm time for the new captain (new to us, but he has plenty of boat experience), and operating time on the boat.

Just wish I had a hot tub to work out the kinks.  ;-)


2 comments:

Bill K said...

There is a blog I read that has a inflatable hot tub that they carry in there converted bus.

Just a thought.

Bill Kelleher

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Yeah, I looked at one of those at a sports show a few years ago. Not particularly expensive, but I just couldn't see rolling into an RV park and setting up one of those... not to mention giving up the storage space in the RV. Our Winnebago is a lot smaller than a converted bus.

I left my inflatable paddleboard home, due to space considerations. ;-) Well, that and the fact the water here is so darn cold.