Friday, July 17, 2015

K-Pod...


Not to be confused with K-Cups, for the Keurig coffee makers.

The whales toyed with us today: going north... nope, going south, slowly... north again.  I think they like to make my stomach twist up.  Just when I thought I had a good plan, they changed directions again.  Yep, this would "the long way around."  But, before we got to where the whales were reported, we came across another group heading towards us.  Much closer than reported.  Well, closer.

K-Pod and some of J-Pod.  We had them pretty much to ourselves, until the word got out.  Great behavior.  I was busy at the helm, and when I had a moment to try for a couple photos... yep, three shots into it, the battery crapped out.




We saw some breaches, spy hops, tail slaps, porpoising... a good day for whale viewing.

An early and long day tomorrow.  My birthday, besides.  Hoo-hoo!

-------------------

First mate/naturalist Mike had our dock lines looking sharp when he brought our guests to the boat...


Not sure if anyone else noticed, but I thought it looked sharp.


3 comments:

MarkJ said...

Batteries ran out three pics into it.... Hmmmm

Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

My little pocket camera uses a rechargeable battery... you don't get much warning when the battery is about to go. It's OK - I have some wonderful images in my head. A fine day of whale watching.

It would be a nice "present" to have just as good a day tomorrow.

Thanks!

MarkJ said...

I'll text Big Mike and tell him it's your birthday. I probably should have done this sooner but it was short notice.....