Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A touch of home...


We had supper this evening with friends, Herb and Wilma.  They are just now back in "the lower 48" after spending the last 90 days cruising their Ranger Tug 31 to Alaska and back.  It was a treat to hear about their adventures.

We first met them at home in the Tropical Tip.  They, too, appreciate all the Pacific Northwest has to offer, we we get to see them up here the past few summers.

Wilma and I have had an ongoing discussion about "the boat they bought me."  They presented me with the boat when we came to their boat in the Port of Friday Harbor.  I have been teasing Wilma that it doesn't look quite like the boat she said she was getting me.

Here's a link to that discussion...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205013704397608&set=a.10205003337858451.1073741853.1092173577&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment_tagged

I did not bring a camera with me... so, I'll post some photos when Wilma sends them to me.

Good friends.  Fun conversation.  We didn't get home until 8:15... party, party!  ;-)

---------------------

The original photo from Wilma...


The boat presented, in front of the computer screen...


Somehow, I don't think they're the same.  ;-)

------------------------

On edit: photos from Herb and Wilma...





2 comments:

MarkJ said...

8:15!!! Well aren't you the night owls! Sure hope you didn't have a morning tour cause we know how you need your beauty sleep! Don't you normally eat dinner around 4:00 with the other seniors? Oh yea, you married a MUCH younger woman so she's keeping you young..... ;-)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Yeah, Mark - I did have an early trip. And, my much younger wife opens the place up... no late nights when we have to work the next day. It's hell gettin' old... um, more mature. ;-)