Friday, August 14, 2015

Batten down the hatches...


... and cuddle up tight, 'cause it's blowing a hoolie tonight!

Those are words from a Ken Gill song; he's talking about weathering a nasty storm in a boat.  We are watching thunderstorms on Seattle weather march up from the south.  They are calling it "a wet and active weather day;" I am calling it: cold (high of 66º, currently 56º), windy (blowing around 16 right now), rainy, and thunderstorms.  Fog where we are, on top of that.

We pulled in the slide-outs on the motorhome.  That makes a smaller profile and protects the awnings over our slides.  Put down all the patio furniture.  Laid out all our rain-gear.  I'm driving out of Roche today, so I'll have that scoot commute back and forth.

Little Izzy isn't going to get any leash time today.  Pretty sure she doesn't know how fortunate she is.  If I could send her to drive a boat (with an open helm) and I could stay wrapped up in a blanket, I'd sure trade with her.  She has been in our boat in some ugly weather and handled it fine... but, she refused to take the helm.  Lightweight.

;-)


No comments: