Saturday, August 29, 2015

Blowing a hoolie...


That's a sailing slang term: howling wind, driving rain.  AKA: fugly.

All our trips today have been canceled.  That is the smart move.  Not sure what it is like at the water, but here at our motorhome, we have had some gusts that I would estimate well into the 40s (mph).  A report from land is saying Haro Strait is one big mass of white caps.  First time this season we have canceled trips.  I have at least one scheduled for tomorrow; the wind is supposed to die down some (it will be lumpy out there for quite a while after this blow), and a 40% chance of rain.

The power has gone out here several times.  That means, when it comes back on, I have to go through the set up procedure on the satellite TV receiver.  Not a big deal, 'cause it is automatic after you tell it you are in Washington State.  During one particularly nasty gust, the power stayed on, but the satellite TV went to "no signal found."  When I looked at the Tailgater, it was laying on its side.  Yeah, that's some wind.  The coach is solid... and covered with crud from the nearby tree and pine needles from the big tree the next property over.  Yep, it's blowing.

Isabella has cabin fever.  I went outside to dump our holding tanks... she really wanted to go out.  Pretty sure that 8 pound cat would be like a kite at the end of her leash.  ;-)  I found myself trying to explain to her why she wouldn't want to go out in this crap.  Trying to reason with a cat... maybe I have cabin fever, too?


2 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

It's when the cat starts talking back to you-- Then it's time to worry..

PS: I sent you a PM on FB..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Izzy has great facial expressions. I don't generally understand her "language." Molly and I had good conversations... we really did understand each other. Yeah, I know I sound like a crazy cat guy. But, there is no mistaking it when Izzy doesn't get her way. ;-)