Monday, August 31, 2015

Cabin fever...


No, not me.  Isabella.  She is used to getting some outdoor time; not today.

The wet weather system is hanging around - looks like we'll have some precip through Friday or so.  It is not a pounding rain like we sometimes see in the Tropical Tip.  In Pacific Northwest fashion, it is light rain, then drizzle, then no rain (well, there is water dripping off the trees), then sprinkles, then rain, etc, etc.

I am not complaining - just "reporting the weather" as I see it.  We have had beautiful summer weather since we arrived here.  None of the "Fogust" (fog in August) or days of rain in June.  This morning, I woke up around 5:00 (our typical work-day routine), hearing the sound of gentle rain on the roof.  Knowing I didn't have to get up and get ready to go out and work in it, I smiled... and turned over for a bit more sleep.  My internal clock will just have to get used to this new routine.  ;-)

Most days this summer, Joan went to work before me.  I had time to take Izzy out for some leash time.  On days we didn't work, we have spent a lot of time outside on our patio (well, patio mat)... and little Izzy is out there with us.

As wet as it was today, we couldn't open the door... when she is inside, she likes to look out the screen door.  Joan said that Iz looked "forlorn" laying in her cat-bed.  I quite enjoyed cocooning... we even got a short nap in this afternoon.  Joan kicked my butt at Yahtzee and cards.  She made us a nice breakfast and supper.

It was relaxing.  Maybe we need to get Izzy a job?  ;-)



No comments: