Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Cocooning...


Definition: retreat from the stressful conditions of public life into the cozy private world of the family.

That's what the day felt like.  Well, mostly.  Other than breakfast out and a trip to the grocery store.  Neither of us felt the need to get on the bikes and ride just to ride.  Izzy got to go on several walks and spent plenty of leash-time on our patio.

And, some hammock-time with Joan...


I was inside working up some photos when I heard music outside... the Aspect has exterior speakers that we have never used.  Haven't even tried them out.  Until now.  I poked my head out the door and Joan said, "Sounds pretty good, huh?"

My first thought: "Can you imagine what it would be like in a close campground if everyone had these outdoor speakers blasting?"  ;-)  But, she was right: it did sound good.  She paired the bluetooth connection on the outside receiver with her phone... before long, I heard myself singing out there.  (I made some recordings for her last Christmas.)  She pulled up one of my favorite albums: Cold Blood, First Taste of Sin.  Yeah, I better get out in the nice weather with her and listen.

It is August.  We have both been working hard.  Nice to have this "quiet" time to ourselves.


No comments: