Saturday, August 22, 2015

(Hel)L, yes!


We spent the afternoon in Canadian waters, with most of L-Pod and some Ks.  Just off Saturna Island (southern edge of the Gulf Islands); in fact, folks on shore near Eastpoint got some good viewing, too...


Although, I think those of us on the boat had the better view...



That splash above is the final moments of a breach.  I am convinced that if I just bring my little pocket camera, we get better action and views.  ;-)

We left Eastpoint to go west along the coast of Saturna to the Java Rocks area - this group was very active, and we had a ringside seat.  Between the rocks and the shore, I had my hands full at the helm, but did manage to get a couple shots (never at the best activity - but, I do position us well so the guests can get good photos)...




Nice folks onboard - some from the Seattle area, and two groups who didn't know each other, both from San Francisco.

The water was nearly calm, the weather was nice, a touch of smoke in the air from the fires on the mainland (but not a troubling issue here).

We had an L of a good day.  ;-)


No comments: