Sunday, August 23, 2015

Pass me the J...


J-Pod that is.  Driving our Roche Harbor boat today.  I didn't get a solid whale report until we were heading out of the harbor.  They had gone north late yesterday, and they were coming back our way today.

We met up with the leaders in Boundary Pass, just outside of Plumper Sound.  There were a few other whale watch boats with the trailers, only one other boat with the leaders - easy to set up a viewing position so we had them to ourselves.  First view...


Great weather, lots of good views...




Back in US waters, we set ourselves up outside the group near Turn Point and were able to shut down and get more great views.

One of the highlights of the trip: my friend and former captain on this boat, Chris, brought a couple friends out to do some whale viewing.  Great to visit with Chris again; and what a great day for him to have friends along.

Well, today was supposed to be my "Friday," but stuff comes up.  Looks like I'll be spending my "Saturday" driving a charter tomorrow.  Hope we have another day like today.


No comments: