Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Tag...


I haven't posted much about the scooter-tag game lately.  Work gets in the way, plus a lot of the tags are things I can't get on this island.

But, today, a tag came up for "your scooter with a Honda Element."

Lots of hippie types around here, and I think the Honda Element is this generation's VW Bus... and those who know Joan and me know we had some VW buses in our younger years.  Oh, I could tell you the story about the time a raccoon opened our cooler and ate the bacon and eggs... damn vermin!  And, I woke up the next morning after dreaming about a big ol' breakfast with bacon and eggs, but, noooooooooo... the damn bandit-looking thing pulled a bandit break-in on the cooler we left outside, so we'd have a bit more room in our VW Bus.

But, I digress.

We see almost as many Honda Elements around here as VW Buses (we have old hippies and young hippies).  We ran into town today for a light lunch (hope to meet up with our wandering friends Herb and Wilma this evening); think I could find an Element?  I had all but given up - we were on our way home, when...


Yep, a Honda Element.

My new tag: your scoot with a dentist sign...


It can't be just a name, has to be something more than that, like "The Tooth Ferry."  Get it??  Ferry, not fairy... 'cause we depend so much on the ferry on this island.

And that's what I did on this day off.

An early day for both of us tomorrow.  I have an early charter in Roche... with one of our Friday Harbor boats.  I don't do the scheduling.

Not sure what our official end date is... I'm counting on "time off for good behavior."  ;-)


No comments: