Saturday, October 17, 2015

Sure is pretty...


No, they weren't talking about me.

I went after getting the motorhome washed this morning; right after I got up.  I wanted to get as much done as possible before the sun came up.  In the process, a couple neighbors came by and told me how nice the motorhome looks.  And, of course, they offered to bring their cars by, since I was doing such a good job.  I smiled.  Wanted to smack 'em with my scrub brush, but I contained myself.

In the end, the little coach shined up nicely...



I was a complete sweat-ball when done.  Into the house, a soak and clean up in the jacuzzi tub, and we are off to the storage unit.

We keep the RV in a storage unit inland a ways - it keeps our stuff out of the salt air.  Plus, it is the only storage unit we've found that is insulated and on a solid concrete pad.

Well, it took a while to get off our island to head to the storage unit: the bridge had just gone out when I pulled up to it...


Unless you get here by boat, this bridge is the only way on or off our island.  It crosses the Intracoastal Waterway - opens for commercial traffic on demand; recreational traffic on the hour... except on weekends, then that is on demand, too.  Yep, its a weekend.

No big deal, I was sitting in air conditioned comfort in the motorhome; Joan was behind me in the truck.  The bridge was out longer than usual, when a sailboat called them as they were just starting to close... and didn't really hurry to get through.

In town, I got behind a stupid woman who basically sat through two green lights.  Good think we aren't on a schedule.

It was a pleasant drive to the storage unit, mostly back roads.  We passed more than a few motorcycles going the other way - this weekend, there is a motorcycle rally on South Padre Island.  Not even close to the numbers we used to see for the Sturgis Rally.  ;-)

At the storage unit, I pulled the motorhome in, shut down the 12v power, and locked it up...


It has been home sweet home for most of the past 9 months (since we got it in February)... now, it gets a rest while we become house dwellers for a while.

Another "birthday lunch" before heading home: steak and ribs... pretty sure I won't need supper this evening.

On the way home, we talked about... "So, how do you want to do our traveling/towing this winter."  Yep, already planning the next outing.  :-)


No comments: