Monday, May 2, 2016

NRD - not as much fun as NGD...


New Rack Day.  No, it isn't as much fun as New Guitar Day.  But, I have been excitedly waiting for its arrival.

UPS doesn't get here until after 5:00 most days.  It was after 6:00 this evening.  Pretty sure I look old to the UPS driver, since he said, "Be careful, it's heavy," when he set the box on our front porch.

Whippersnapper.  For full disclosure, I did have Joan help me get it to the deck, where I'd have room to open it up and check to make sure all the parts are there...


That is a really big box.  Oh, and like the UPS driver said, heavy.  It was put together with about a hundred staples... I hope the rack is put together as well as this box.  Oh, this is a rack to carry the e-bikes on the back of the truck or the motorhome.  The online dealer is etrailer.  The manufacturer is Hollywood Racks.  I'm kinda glad it doesn't say Hollywood Racks on the outer box - might make the neighbors talk.  ;-)

When I finally got the big box open, the fat tire adapters were packed on top of the actual box for the rack...



We tried to buy a rack locally.  Well, in Brownsville and Harlingen.  No one had anything this substantial in stock.  A bike dealer said he'd get back to us.  He didn't.  So, we ordered it online.

This model had a lot of good reviews.  It is adaptable for fat tire bikes (for extra $$, of course).  A lot of the reviews said it is complicated to put together.  Well, there are two more boxes full of parts that were inside the box that was inside the box...


The instructions don't look too complicated.  I watched an assembly video online... looks less intimidating than your average IKEA entertainment center.  ;-)

I'll find out tomorrow.  Getting too late today.

While I was out on the deck opening boxes and checking parts against the list, I was in shorts and a t-shirt.  The "slightly cool front" I mentioned in the previous post has dropped the temperature to 74º, but the north wind feels pretty cool.  Two ladies walked by while I was on the deck... wearing down jackets.  ;-)


No comments: