Sunday, June 5, 2016

A few more oldies, but goodies...


My band days started when I was 12.  Playing guitar and singing has been a part of what I do and who I am.  Fun (for me, anyway) to look back.

Spirit of 76, with Randy Peters, Mark Chartier, Nancy Smith, and Mickey Doren.  Yeah, we had a bit of a Paul Revere and the Raiders vibe going...





That last shot would have been my "debut" as a lead singer, with Randy playing my 335 (he got one of his own shortly after, as you can see in the 3rd photo above).

High School found me in a couple other bands, with no photos that I can find.  I mentioned playing in the Flippers after a year in college...


Check out the double stack Marshall amp in the photo above - "Y'all ready to boogie?!"



In the previous post, I posted some "hair" photos of the duo/trio called Bad Habit.  Most of the time, it was Mark Lamkin and me; we added Rob Harrison on the sax when we played a long term gig at the Marina Inn...





I was working at Bobier Studio at the time, so there was no shortage of publicity photos.

Stinger - 100% Rock 'n Roll.  Steve Lange, Mike Johnson, Jimmy Hepburn, and Dave Fish.  Lots of harmony...


That little girl sitting on Steve's lap (above) is our Stephanie.


And speaking of Stephanie, there were plenty of old photos of her, too.  Most I won't post here... but the sweetest little girl ever...


I thought she might take after her old man on the guitar...


But... no.  And, of course, family photos with the 3 of us...


And those two cute babes...


Fun looking back.

And now, our time here with Steph and Dan is wrapping up.  We had breakfast with them and a group of their friends... they have a great support system of friends here.  Steph made supper this evening - a home cooked meal before we hit the road in the morning.  The good-byes are always tough, but we are already making plans for the next time we'll be together.

Time to start our trek north in the morning.



No comments: